Saturday 23 May 2015

"Stuff Saturdays" were mentioned...

You know how I was telling you in my previous post about how I planned to "timetable" topics for the Blog?


This was my description for a typical Saturday post:

"Stuff Saturday": General stuff while everything else has been about work.
I love good food. I own old Ford cars. I collect watches. I have a cute puppy. I'm a huge Formula One fan.
Saturdays tend to be the day I let work take a bit more of a back seat for a day so I'll share a bit about "non-work" things with you."

Pretty accurate for today then!


If you didn't already know, this weekend marks one of the most exciting motor-racing events of the year; the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. So far today I've caught up with repeats of both Practice Sessions and watched Qualifying live. Bit disappointed to see that none of my favourite four drivers, Nico Rosberg, Sebastian Vettel, Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button, did particularly well but here's hoping the race tomorrow brings better results for them. *Warning* (Spoiler: They qualified in 2nd, 3rd and 15th and 12th respectively.)

What makes the Monaco GP so exciting? Well, other than the fact that drivers are racing round the tiny streets of a luxurious Principality at speeds of up to 180mph and approaching almost blind corners with steel fences about 2" away from their wheels while mixing it up with a downhill hairpin bend and by entering and exiting a very fast tunnel section... nothing really ;)

Monaco-Grand-Prix-Date.jpg (512×341)

I've liked F1 for as long as I can remember. I can't ever see that stopping. Long live the Monaco GP and may all who enter her stay safe!


I mentioned I have a cute puppy too? He's called Stormie and he's a 2 year old Chihuahua. If you're as sad as me you can check out more of what Stormie gets up to on my Instagram, where he has his own hashtags:

#sickplugsdog
#stormiethechihuahua

Yes, I know, right!? :D

This weekend he has a friend here to stay; his 10 year old "cousin", Goochie, a Toy Poodle.
Judging from their behaviour so far today they're all about the "lazy weekend" too.


I'm OK with this!


Going to enjoy the rest of a lazy day with these guys while looking forward to what will hopefully be a cool race tomorrow afternoon.

Who do you want to win?





No comments:

Post a Comment